4. Dai Bishamon-tenno Great Heavenly King Vaishravana (Skt.), also called Tamon-ten (Hearer of Many Teachings).
5. U kuyo sha fuku ka jugo Those who make offerings will gain good fortune surpassing the ten honorable titles [of the Buddha]. Note: In Buddhism, making offerings has a broad meaning; here it means to respect and praise.
6. Namu Anryugyo Bosatsu Bodhisattva Firmly Established Practices (Skt. Supratishthitacharitra). Note: The word namu is added to some names in the Gohonzon as a sign of great respect.
7. Namu Jyogyo Bosatsu Bodhisattva Pure Practices (Skt. Vishuddhacharitra).
8. Namu Shakamuni-butsu Shakyamuni Buddha.
10. Namu Jogyo Bosatsu Bodhisattva Superior Practices (Skt. Vishishtacharitra).
11. Namu Muhengyo Bosatsu Bodhisattva Boundless Practices (Skt. Anantacharitra).
12. Nyaku noran sha zu ha shichibun Those who vex and trouble [the practitioners of the Law] will have their heads split into seven pieces.
13. Dai Jikoku-tenno Great Heavenly King Upholder of the Nation (Skt. Dhritarashtra).
14. Aizen-myoo Wisdom King Craving-Filled (Skt. Ragaraja). Note: The name is written in Siddham, a medieval Sanskrit orthography.
16. Dai Gattenno Great Heavenly King Moon, or the god of the moon.
17. Taishaku-tenno Heavenly King Shakra (also known as Heavenly King Indra).
19. Dai Rokuten no Mao Devil King of the Sixth Heaven.
20. Dai Nittenno Great Heavenly King Sun, or the god of the sun.
21. Fudo-myoo Wisdom King Immovable (Skt. Achala). Note: The name is written in Siddham, a medieval Sanskrit orthography.
22. Hachi Dairyuo Eight Great Dragon Kings.
23. Dengyo Daishi Great Teacher Dengyo.
24. Jurasetsunyo Ten Demon Daughters (Skt. Rakshasi).
25. Kishimojin Mother of Demon Children (Skt. Hariti).
26. Tendai Daishi Great Teacher Tien-tai.
27. Dai Zojo-tenno Great Heavenly King Increase and Growth (Skt. Virudhaka).
29. Kore o shosha shi tatematsuru I respectfully transcribed this.
30. Nichikan, personal seal Signature of the high priest who transcribed this Gohonzon; in this case, Nichikan, consisting of his name and personal seal.
32. Butsumetsugo ni-sen ni-hyaku san-ju yo nen no aida ichienbudai no uchi mizou no daimandara nari Never, in 2,230-some years since the passing of the Buddha, has this great mandala appeared in the world.
33. Dai Komoku-tenno Great Heavenly King Wide-Eyed (Skt. Virupaksha).